Here are some of the new titles that you can find in the Langsdale Government Documents Collection:
Print/CD/DVD (online version linked when available)
- The All-Volunteer Military: Issues and Performance. (Y 10.2:M 59/16)
- Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, "The Art and Science of Grant Writing", March 2006. (HH 1.2:C 73/51/2006)
- New Realities: Law Enforcement in the Post-9/11 Era. (J 26.35:L41/CD)
CD-ROM contains four monographs:
- Assessing and Managing the Terrorism Threat
- Engaging the Private Sector to Promote Homeland Security: Law Enforcement-Private Security Partnerships
- Intelligence-Led Policing: The New Intelligence Architecture
- Mutual Aid: Multijurisdictional Partnerships for Meeting Regional Threats
- Offender Employment Specialist,
. (J 1.100:OF 2/DVD/CD) Building Bridges
From the back cover: "Offender Employment Specialist, Building Bridges is a multi-DVD/CD set that presents an entry-level training program for practitioners who assist offenders in securing and retaining employment. The target audiences for this training include, but are not limited to, those who work in prisons, jails, probation, parole, one-stops, career resource centers, government agencies, and faith-based and community organizations."
The set includes introduction, facilitator training and guide book CDs, plus 5+ hours of video training on three DVDs. From the National Institute of Corrections Video Library.
- Serve, Support, Simplify: Report of the President's Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors, July 2007. (PR 43.8:W 25/C 18)
- Serve, Support, Simplify: Subcommittee Reports and Survey Findings: Report of the President's Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors, July 2007. (PR 43.8:W 25/C 18/REPORTS)
- A Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop DVD, February 2006. (T 22.69:V 81/2006)
From the IRS.gov description: "A Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop DVD is an innovative DVD designed to help new and existing small business owners understand and meet their federal tax obligations. The workshop provides information and resources in an interactive format. The workshop consists of ten lessons and is subtitled in English, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. The DVD running time is 3 hours and 43 minutes."